As a company at the forefront of mortgage financing, we at Arch MI recognize how challenging workdays can be for mortgage professionals — and how rarely our industry calls attention to the crucial work performed each day by loan officers, processors, underwriters and those in related jobs.
To spotlight that tireless dedication to performing a vital role, Arch MI has partnered with the National Day Calendar to have September officially declared National Mortgage Professional Month.
We know you regularly go beyond what’s expected by spending time on your computer in the evening or putting in extra hours on weekends to enable homebuyers to close on their dream properties. In many cases, new homeowners are not even aware of your extraordinary efforts to set the table for successful, trouble-free closings.
Adaptability and flexibility are a given for mortgage professionals who are almost constantly grappling with inflexible deadlines as they guide borrowers through the complexities of the mortgage process.
For the first observance of Mortgage Professional Month four years ago, we asked our customers to submit stories showing the dedication of their co-workers. We were amazed by some of the testimonials, including:
- An originator who drove nearly 500 miles round-trip to get crucial documents signed by the borrower in time for a closing two days later.
- A loan processor who did not allow a storm that closed her office to stop a closing. With a sales contract set to expire the next day, she assembled all of the key players for a hastily rescheduled closing at 5 p.m. on a Friday.
- A loan officer who agreed to host an out-of-state family in her home after they discovered no other accommodations were available on the eve of their closing.
These examples would be remarkable in some other fields, but they aren’t uncommon in lending. Many veteran mortgage professionals have similarly gone beyond the normal call of duty more times than can be counted. Adaptability and flexibility are a given for mortgage professionals who are almost constantly grappling with inflexible deadlines as they guide borrowers through the complexities of the mortgage process.
Setting aside September to celebrate that level of dedication is just part of Arch MI’s commitment to support mortgage professionals. As the MI industry’s innovation leader, Arch MI focuses on providing unique solutions that help you perform your job with greater speed, accuracy and resources:
- Our faster, user-friendly RateStar℠ portal lets you choose express or custom MI quotes for our most competitive rates.
- RateStar Buydown℠, the industry’s only buydown tool, enables you to create a custom MI premium payment tailored to each borrower’s needs.
- Our new RateStar Refinance Retention program offers reduced MI premiums for eligible borrowers refinancing their Arch MI-insured loans.
- ASK Arch MI lets you focus on new originations while we answer your toughest MI underwriting questions in less than an hour.
- Our AMGC Community Program for portfolio lenders, available through Arch Mortgage Guaranty Company (AMGC), offers coverage for affordable loans, allowing eligible borrowers in fields like teaching and medicine to buy homes despite having only small down payments.
We’re continuing to innovate in ways that help you serve your customers more efficiently and quickly. We will also continue to highlight your professionalism and dedication through events like National Mortgage Professional Month.
As always, this blog is designed to be a space where we exchange ideas. We’d love to hear how your company recognizes mortgage professionals who show extraordinary dedication to their customers during September and in every other month of the year.